Tuesday, August 31, 2021

A Family Tree that Curves and Dances: Intersecting Lines Across Generations

It can almost cause one to believe in fate.  In searching my family tree and then my husband's family tree I have found places where family lines crossed paths. As if some magnetic force was pulling lines to establish a specific path. Fashioning a line similar to the curve and twist of a double helix as a great grand parent on my line has a brother who marries a great grand parent on his line...

Over and again these lines keep twisting and bending bringing the two trees together - but not yet close.

His line had a Warren who married a Bohannon. I had a Terry who married a Bohannon. Both Bohannan's came from the same source. His lines have branches that lived and died just miles from where I grew up. His line spread out to where my line was living and cousins passed each other in the streets and breathed the same air.

I have seen the same thing happen with the Ennis, the Terry, and so many others...

Repeatedly, the lines sway in an elegant yet distant dance.

It can almost cause one to believe in fate. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Lot of Brown Around: Various Strands of Brown Surnames in Early America

Having BROWN trees on both sides of my own family lines, it can be confusing. Often, people jumble together lines not recognizing that the n...